When Nathan has to go back to his hometown to help his brother Frank through a divorce, the only thing he’s thinking about is getting in and getting out, back to his real life in the city, where he’s a well-respected pro football player with cash to spare and women hanging on his every word.
But when he runs into Art, his best friend from high school, he finds himself wondering if he can stay a little longer. A snowstorm grants his wish, stranding him for an extra week. Art has been stuck in his hometown for the last ten years taking care his sick mother and is happy to have a chance to reconnect with his old friend.
But over the course of a few tumultuous days, they both find something in each other that they thought they had lost years ago – and Nathan’s life changes forever.
- Headless torsos and/or exposed abs – how original^
- Too brief to put down
- This was a generally inoffensive book
- That Art has a beard; most characters in M/M are clean-shaven
- Ankle deep
Mood Upon Completion
- Very few typos^^
- Decently sweet^^^
- That I didn't feel there was much to comment on at all; usually, I've got plenty to say, but not in this case*
- I wish it were longer; it felt like the epilogue was practically half of the story wrapped up in a chapter
^ The layout is average, although the guy holding football equipment is a good touch
^^This is a short story, so I was hoping there’d be none
^^^There were only one or two, and that’s fine since this is a short story; trying to squeeze in any more may have changed the tone of the story
*Doesn’t mean the book was great, but I didn’t want to throw my tablet in frustration either
Sorry, no post found.