(Camp H.O.W.L. #1)
Abuse , Anxiety , Bigotry , Bosses/CEOs , Brainwashing , Business Owners , Counselors , Emotional Abuse , Healthcare , Hurt/Comfort , Mate Series , Mates , Neglect , Outdoors , Physical Abuse , Shapeshifter Series , Shapeshifters , Were Series , Weres
November 1st, 2017
When Adrian Rothschild skipped his “werewolf puberty,” he assumed he was, somehow, human. But he was wrong, and he’s about to go through his Turn with a country between him and his Pack—scared, alone, and eight years late.
Dr. Tate Lewis’s werewolf supremacist father made his Turn miserable, and now Tate works for Camp H.O.W.L. to ease the transition for young werewolves. He isn’t expecting to offer guidance to a grown man—or find his moonmate in Adrian. Tate doesn’t even believe in the legendary bond; after all, his polygamist father claimed five. But it’s clear Adrian needs him, and if Tate can let his guard down, he might discover he needs Adrian too.
A moonmate is a wolf’s missing piece, and Tate is missing a lot of pieces. But is Adrian up to the challenge?
- Made by a pro with marketing experience
- Eagerly awaited after I put it down for a few hours
- The concept behind this story is interesting; a shifter with delayed 2nd puberty
- That there are women alphas and it's not made to be a big deal…
- That although Adrian's age likely made his turning especially painful, he did get some perks, and that he seems to go with the flow more than the teenagers
- The curling match scene was so funny
- Hip deep
Mood Upon Completion
- Very few/no typos
- Not enough scenes^
- The jump from the ending to the six-months-later epilogue seemed extra fast
- …until the author went and fucked it up by saying Adrian's sister exhibhited 'bitchiness, bossiness, and a stubborn streak you could drive a car through'*
- Weakly emotional
- Abuse (physical/emotional - neglect, one, major, past)
^There was mutual masturbation, but no sex scenes
*The author used every negative adjective that society already paints assertive, go-getter women with, and that pretty much defeated the attempt at equality
**Maybe this is supposed to be part of a series? (ETA: Yes, Book 2 came out June 2018)
Sorry, no post found.