Jude is a highly successful model, but a very reluctant one. His life is full of casual hook-ups with pretty men in glamorous locations, but it’s still empty. However, circumstances decreed a long time ago that this was his path, so he’s resolutely stayed on it and accepted his fate with good grace. He made a deal with himself and his hook-ups. Get in, get out and no ties with anyone.
However, an accident at home one night leads to him making a new deal and accepting the offer of help from an unlikely source. It leads to an unexpected summer of falling in love with a larger than life man and his child.
But by the end of the summer his reasons for not staying are still valid. Will he turn away? Can he?
Asa is a talented actor who has spent time away from the scene to look after his son. But now he’s back, and the last thing he needs are complications from the gorgeous man who is staying with him. Scarred from too many betrayals, he has no intention of forming a lasting tie with anyone. However, he can’t resist the beautiful man with secrets, and to his horror he develops feelings.
But a deal’s a deal and they said it was just for the summer. What can Asa do with a man who has forever in his eyes and goodbye on his lips?
- Generic but attractive
- Forgettable after I put it down for a few hours
- I don't see the name 'Asa' very often
- When Jude left, Asa didn't assume he sold the story to the media
- I learned new swear words; I've never heard of a 'cuntbucket' or 'wanknugget' before
- Jude's parents turned out to be really decent people*
- The women in this story are realistically portrayed
- The puppy scene was cute**
- Asa's home is hot pink, and the gate is purple with yellow flowers on it
- There are so many funny parts; for example, there was a yogurt covered hamster in the lunchbox
- The story was longer than I thought it would be
- Hip deep
Mood Upon Completion
- No typos
- Plasma hot
- Decently sweet
- When Jude talks about how he hasn't had 'full sex' with Asa yet***
- The annoying blurb...why are you asking me so many questions?!
- Weakly emotional
- Drug Use (consensual, marijuana, minor, one, present)
*There isn’t a whole lot of family drama in this book, though we don’t really learn much at all about Asa’s family
**I don’t think the car salesman’s name should be stuck in Billy’s head so much that he wants to name the girl dog “Stanley Atkins”
***’Full sex’ seems very relative, because I’m assuming he means penetrative sex, because that’s not ‘full sex’ for a lot of couples
Sorry, no post found.