Quarry Light grew up tough— with a name like his, he didn’t have any other choice. Being a Dom came naturally to him, so when he got the chance to co-own a BDSM club with his friends, he leaped on the opportunity. If he thought he’d be able to find his soulmate sub easier, well, that was a side benefit.
The only problem is, that benefit had never appeared and after having his heart and hopes crushed twice, Quar has decided he'll stick to just scening with a sub now and then.
Fate has other things in mind, namely in the form of one Forest Tilden.
Forest is absent-minded, oblivious and so adorable, Quar can't help but ask for his number after he stops to help the poor guy. Forest’s car picked the right day to bite it. He’s going to get more than a little mechanical advice from Quar. Together, they might get the future they both long for.
- Exposed abs and/or headless torsos - how original^
- Too brief to put down
- That it's Forest's first foray into a kink club, and he's wearing jeans and a Star Wars shirt*
- When I read that Quarry's brothers are named Slate and Coal (and are geologists!) I. almost. died; add in Forest's name, and they're all very…natural
- That even though Forest was painfully shy, he was upfront with his wants and needs in relation to kink
- Ankle deep
Mood Upon Completion
- Very few typos
- Plasma hot
- Decently sweet
- JD is a jerk, and the type of abusive, manipulative 'dominant' who gives doms a bad name**
- I thought Quar was spanking a sub when the altercation between Forest and JD happened…what happened to the sub? Oddly disjointed there
- Once again, there isn't much backstory outside of the club; yes, it's a short story - but there's no mention of family or even friends outside of the club
- The abrupt ending
- BDSM (namely, D/s, main, two, past/present/future)
- Kink (namely, spanking, exhibitionism/voyeurism, main, two, present)
^The cover style is consistent with the other books in the series
^^There wasn’t even a epilogue this time, so the ending seemed even more abrupt than the usual
*I’ve never understood everyone’s fascination with dressing in leather or other painful-looking clothes, especially if they’re not a masochist. If you feel you have to look like a cliche to get your point across, you should retool your methods, but if you like it because it makes you feel good, great! I’m not into it, so leave the heels in my closet for fashion emergencies only 🙂
**I can’t imagine a sub who wants a dom who does the equivalent of ‘I saw him FIRST!’ and throws a tantrum when he can’t have his toy/prize (the sub). Ugh. Just…ugh.
Sorry, no post found.