What He Needs
Paper Gold Publishing
November 28th 2017
When Craig walks into the first kink club he’s been in for months, the last thing he expects to see is his former Dom, Tim, wearing a collar. If learning his ex is a switch isn’t shocking enough, Craig quickly finds himself on the wrong side of his ex's Dom. When the reunion turns ugly, another Dom swoops in and saves the day, and Craig is too shaken to argue when the sweet Dom steps in and takes care of him.
Alan noticed the boy the minute he walked into his club. It was hard not to. He was beautiful, sad, and fully clothed. Once the boy is in Alan’s arms he knows he doesn’t want to let him go, maybe ever. He worries that even though his hardcore Dom days are behind him, his experience will scare Craig and he’ll lose the chance to have something real with him.
Their relationship quickly heats up, but Craig can’t stop wondering if an inexperienced sub will be enough for a seasoned Dom in the long run.
- Generic but attractive^
- Memorable after I put it down for a few hours^^
- The bravery it took for Craig to walk into a kink club and reclaim that part of his life after his boyfriend just left without a word…
- Alan and Craig seem like a good fit, although…
- Craig's Uncle Hank was a great help to him
- When it came to the climax, Craig stood up for himself and was no longer conflicted regarding Tim
- The shaving scene was cute
- Hip deep
Mood Upon Completion
- Could use a better editor
- Plasma hot
- Decently sweet
- …but in the space of a few sentences, he's comfortably kneeling at a Dom's feet; that seems unrealistic to me, but what do I know?!*
- ...I would think Craig would be more hesitant and want to tell Alan his limits - even without a contract - but he seemed to jump right in**
- Weakly emotional
- BDSM (namely B/D, D/s)
- Kink (namely Daddy/boy)
- Abuse (physical/emotional, supporting, one, past/present)
- Cheating (supporting, one, past)
^The model’s wearing a shirt, but I’m not sure which character he’s supposed to be
^^Although I forgot I was reading this book, I quickly recalled what happened and it was interesting enough that 3.5 stars still seemed like a good rating.
*Alan (the dominant) is with Craig for like 10 minutes and is totally convinced that Craig’s his. Riiiiight. However, at one point both characters admit that things are moving really quickly, so that helps somewhat.
**Alan says that
Remember when I talked about all the subs who only want hardcore scenes and nothing more from me, those subs weren’t enough. I don’t want someone who will let me do anything to them. I want someone like you, who still wants his own life and his own passions and who wants a real relationship and who likes to play, but needs me to take care of him. I don’t want to always have to be the big bad Dom.
Very true, and it seems like this would get old after awhile, but does Alan want limits from Craig or not? I’m still not sure.
Although one of the characters is under 25, I don’t feel that this book classifies as New Adult because none of the conflicts typically associated with new adults are present in this story.
Sorry, no post found.