You Belong With Me…?
Tim O. Fletcher
Abuse , Alcoholism , Arts, Design, & Media , Athletes , Emotional Abuse , Exhibitionism , Geeks , High School , Hurt/Comfort , Identity Crisis , Neighbors , Physical Abuse , Voyeurism , Wealthy
October 2nd 2017
Brad Stevenson is every thing most teenage boys wish they could be, he's gorgeous, popular, a star athlete, has more money than he knows how to spend and is dating the head cheerleader, but his life isn't as perfect as everyone seems to think.
One dreary afternoon Tyler discovers someone sitting at the window adjacent his own, crying. He reaches out in the form of a hand written note that he holds up so the other can see it from the window. This action starts a tentative but intense friendship between the two, that begins to develop into something more serious than either expected. Into something Brad denies due to his own personal demons.
It takes a major event and a grand gesture from Tyler to prove to Brad that there are more important things in life than living up to other people's expectations; like good chocolate, bad pop music and voyeurism.
- Read all at once (normal)
- That Tyler saw that Brad clearly has something going on in his life and tried to reach out to him*
- Tyler's love of The Rocky Horror Picture Show**
- There are quite a few memes in here
- That I learned something new concerning makeup - face charts***
- Tyler's mom is pretty great; she works really hard, but still has time for him
- Although Brad actually knew that Tyler was recording everything on his phone...
- Tyler actually took advantage of having a guidance counselor at school
- The really cool note that Tyler wrote Brad at prom
- Hip deep
Mood Upon Completion
- Could use a better editor^^
- Decently hot
- Decently sweet
- ...Tyler didn't know that, and still technically recorded Brad masturbating without Brad's consent
- Tyler allows Brad to treat him like shit due to his feelings toward Brad
- Weakly emotional
- Character Death (main/minor, two, past)
- Drug Use (consensual, alcohol, main, one, present)
- Drug Use (consensual, alcohol, supporting, one, past and present)
- Abuse (physical and emotional, main, one, past and present)
^Fits the story very well
^^There are a lot of careless grammar mistakes in here that a word processor probably wouldn’t catch
*He keeps seeing Brad in his bedroom window crying and despite Brad having everything, thinks it’s sad that he has something to cry about and tries to help
**He was trying to avoid his friend knowing about it, though, and lied about having only ever seen it once, although he owns the merchandise
***It seems to be a way to work out makeup looks without putting it on the person’s face, like a sketch before a painting.
This is technically a young adult book, but I wanted to note that both characters are over 18 so the sex scenes aren’t between two underage characters.
Sorry, no post found.